create an account
HOME > references> details
Reference's details
Ex Convent of  S.Francesco della Scarpa
Ex Convent of S.Francesco della Scarpa
Mobile Filtering extractors
Mobile Filtering extractors
Electrical elevator
Electrical elevator

Restoration laboratories Bari - Italy


Superintendence for the Storical, Artistis, etno-anthropological Heritage provinces of Bari and Foggia (Italy)

Frescoes, wood and stones restoration laboratories

Type supply Painting restoration laboratory and NITREX anoxic pest system

Ex Convent of S.Francesco della Scarpa
Superintendence Center

The convent complex rises to the limits of the old city of Bari and, in origin, it was lambito, on the North-West side, directly from the sea.
Archaeological surveying, started during the intense activities of restoration of years' 70 of the 1900's, has evidenced the premature anthropization of the area.
In the 1220 Dottula family granted to the Smaller Friars the nail head of saint Caterina, comprising an immense area on which it will be developed, in the time, the conventuale structure.
The church, dedicated to saint Francesco, was conceived like widening of the nail head of Caterina saint; the intense activities, spaced out from been extended periods of stasis, concluded between 1306 and 1321. The structure of the church originally with wooden covers comprises the chorus, covered from in stone once squared to ribbed, ogival, final cruise in four colonnine angle irons sormontate from capitelli, various between they for decorative and fitomorfi design and details.
To the classroom two atmospheres were connected, places on the side left of the apse, both turned with cruise raised, marked from costoloni resting on four terminal brackets places in correspondence of the taxes. The nail head, already dedicated to saint Caterina, was comprised in the new sacred building on the right flank of the apse. Its building system came, probably, used for sopraelevare a bell tower of which some traces are obvious only. With the advent of stirpe dynastic angioino-durazzesca (1380-1442) they resumed the intense activities that allowed the construction of the contiguous wing with the sacrestia, with development from East South to North the West. The factory comprised an oratory and the refectory with annexed kitchen. In the same period the construction of some cells of the dormitory of the friars, comprised in the wing to North the West, contiguous was completed to the precedence, with puts forward towards the sea. In the 1436 the friars of the Order of the Observing Minors reached Bari, from this moment that was begun to distinguish between Observing Minors (that they wore the hooves) and Conventual Minors <>. The construction of the cloister, to quadrilateral plant, had beginning in 1511. The successive restoration to the earthquakes of 1631 came officially celebrated in 1672. In the occasion the church, reconstructed, came reconsacrated. In 1715 the nail head of saint Caterina was restored also, adapted for the over elevation of the bell tower. With the beginning of the military use of the complex, French before (1798-1815) and Spanish after (1815-1860), it began the forfeiture of the entire complex. With the Unit of Italy, after the confidence to some confraternite, it continued the military use of the piece of real estate, until the 1943 year in which the military command was requisitioned in order to receive the English military contingent. Damaged seriously from the outbreak of an allied cargo ship, 9 April of 1945, the building, afterwards, came destined to become center of collection of refugees.
Bresciani Srl Via Breda 142 - 20126 Milan - Italy - R. I. Milan - VAT N./COD FISC. IT 09143390152 Cap. soc. 90.000,00 euro

© Bresciani Srl P.IVA 09143390152 All rights reserved

home | sitemap | privacy policy | technical requirements | credits
rss valid html valid css